Transgender American Veterans Association goals include:
- Treatment of veterans who suffer from Gender Identity Disorder (GID) with the dignity promised those who have served our country.
- Provision of authorized medical and mental health services to veterans without regard to their history of GID.
- Provision of GID-related medical and mental health to veterans in accordance with the Benjamin Standards of Care.
- Assist any GLBT organization who helps active duty transgender and transsexual persons by providing detailed insight to these issues.
- To partner with any group or organization for the betterment of all American veterans, regardless of their transgender status.