Unitarian Universalist Church of Indianapolis
begin at 10:30am followed by coffee and fellowship
Unitarian Universalism is a religious tradition that respects the right of each person to figure out the truth for themselves, but believes that we are better when we search for the truth together. Unitarian Universalism is a religious community where all are welcome and where we challenge, support, and accept one another. We welcome and affirm LGBTQ people.
The Seven Principles
Unitarian Universalism challenges its members to actively engage with the world and make it a better place. At the heart of our religion is a covenant to uphold and live out seven principles. The seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.