Dr. Sidhbh Gallagher, MD
Indiana University Health Physicians Plastic Surgery
Phone: (317) 944-3636
IU Health North Hospital
11700 N Meridian St,
Carmel, IN 46032
Email: Nicole Jackson, Transgender Surgical Program Coordinator email@example.com
Trans-related specialties: Gender-Confirming Surgeries
Other specialties: cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, peripheral nerve surgery including the surgical treatment of diabetic neuropathy
Dr. Gallagher earned her medical degree from the University College Dublin in Ireland, where she graduated in the top 3 percent of her class. She then came to the United States to complete a general surgery residency at Abington Memorial Hospital, before completing her plastic surgery fellowship with Indiana University School of Medicine. Additionally, she has spent some time training with prominent surgeons in Australia and Belgium.
Experience working with trans-identified persons?: Plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has trained with gender-confirming surgeons in San Francisco, Belgium and Australia.
What type of surgeries:
- Chest reconstruction/enhancement for trans women
- Vaginoplasties for trans women – “We use a skin graft technique and require all patients to undergo laser hair removal first”
- facial feminization through colleagues Doctors Eppley and Tahiri, & non-surgical lip enhancement
- orchiectomy for trans women, including separately from vaginoplasties
- Chest reconstruction masculinization for trans men – outpatient, drain free, nipple preservation
- hysterectomy for trans men through colleagues in the IU Healthcare system.
- Phalloplasty (this is very new and in the beginning stages). Methods: RFF and latissimus flap as well when available or desired. Other flaps could possibly be an option based on individual patient needs.
On metoidoplasty – “We were going to offer metoidoplasty, but currently we are not able to do that.”
Dr. Youssef H. Tahiri, MD, CM,MSc,FRCSC,FAAP
Facial feminization surgery, facial masculinization surgery
IU Health Riley Hospital
705 Riley Hospital Dr., Ste 3538
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Specialties: Plastic Surgery
Out of pocket costs: can fluctuate on a patient by patient basis and also vary based on locations and insurance vs. cosmetic difference, they are not publishing them anywhere at this time
for AMAB patients undergoing Vaginoplasties, there is a discussion here on Dr. Gallagher’s successful work.
Takes Insurance: They will check with your plan for coverage after consultation
Medicare / medicaid: Medicare covers surgeries, Indiana Medicaid (HIP) currently does not.
￼￼Sliding Scale Policy for those without Insurance: Sometimes
￼Other flexibility for those without Insurance: IU Health Financial Assistance Policy
Familiar with WPATH SOC v.7?: Yes
Provide referral letters for gender-confirming surgeries?: Yes
Provides Referral Letters for Gender Marker Change?: Yes